I have a ACER ONE 10 S1002,the connection tablet-keyboard

Options
KarelD
KarelD Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I am Dutch, so sorry for the bad English.

Several times when using the keybord for scrolling/typing etc.mouse, the connection between tablet(-screen) and the keybord is lost. Then a warning-sound is coming and also a opening of the diskpart in the keyboard (filemanager/VERKENNER) apears on the screen.

Then the Use of the mouse is not possible.

After several tics on the screen the mouse indicator is back and I can go further.

I have this notebook since 16-02-2016

Please advise me....

KarelD

Best Answer

• KarelD
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes....

I got a reaction from Service centre in Holland and I need to send back my Acer for reparation.

So... I hope that the problem will be solved...

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

This sounds like a hardware issue if the connection between the LCD and keyboard are losing connection during use. Please contact your Acer service location from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• KarelD
    Options

I send a email to the Dutch service center.

I wait for the answer.

Then I know where and how to send or bring my Acer  for reparation.

Thanks

• KarelD
    Options

Till now i had no response.Smiley Indifferent

So I send a repair request today to the Contact Center.....

Still waiting with a Acer with problems.....

• KarelD
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes....

I got a reaction from Service centre in Holland and I need to send back my Acer for reparation.

So... I hope that the problem will be solved...

• ShekarGK
    ShekarGK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue since many months. I got my device to service department almost five times. Even then no improvement. Some days after they do the service will be fine and shockingly when I take the device to the service centre it will be fine, but when I am using it with some applications, it will abruptly loose connection.

• Garabadian
    Garabadian Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Software / Hardware - this is a known issue for Years and ACER doesn't care AT ALL. What a **bleep** company really, just sell computers don't care if they work or not. Honestly hope the CEO AND ALL THE SHAREHOLDERS SEE THIS AS IT IS AMAZING AND HORRIBLE YOUR SUPPORT
  • KarelD
    Options

Hello,

I send my Acer in januari to the service center in Holland and recieved it back a few days later.

They found nothing specials but they had renew/ update the basic software to startlevel and give me the warning to make full Windows- updates in the furure without disruption.

After I had reinstalling my other software again, I have now problems till now.(!)

So I hope it stay working................

• billvt
    billvt Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

If you have the problem in the future, it is likely a loose ribbon cable connection in the tablet part of the unit. Check my post at Acer One 10 S1002 - Acer Community - 436668.

• KarelD
    Options

Thanks for the information.

Yes after a few month without a problem, it problem is now again back.

In the meantime I have update to the latest new Windows 10 version........

In one hour sometimes it happens 4 x that the other parts of the disk are blipping up. Irritated!!!!!

• billvt
    billvt Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

The problem my grandson had was intermittent and would seem to be fixed by moving the display-keyboard connection around a bit. We had tried all sorts of things on drivers and cleaning of the connection with no positive results. If finally gave up and had no connection. We connected with an adapter I bought to the micro-usb to connect a keyboard and portable harddrive. I installed backup software on the tablet (never could get it to boot off a USB CD) and backed up the unit. Still with a reloading of the OS and the drivers, it still did not work. Had taken the keyboard apart and found nothing as a potential problem. However, when I took the tablet apart (there is an online video for taking it apart -- care is needed, or someone with experience and the tools), the ribbon cable fell right away from the keyboard connector, which I thought was odd. I then noted there was a latch for the cable, so I reattached it and put the system back on the keyboard (bit tough without putting the tablet back together, but doable) and the keyboard worked fine. My conclusion was there was poor quality control or the connector latch just does not do the job well. I tried to move the ribbon cable a bit so it did not try to pull away from the connector and put things back together. The keyboard works fine now. My current problem is that with the last Win10 update, the wireless driver seems to be having problems. I am trying to check for hardware issues just to exclude the hardware and indeed confirm it is a windows update issue. Anyway, a continuing saga!