I Need to Find a AL10A31 3 Cell battery of my Aspire One (D270-1401)

Options
mijcar
mijcar Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a two-year old Aspire One D270-1401.  I am pretty happy with it.  It runs Win 10 flawlessly, has allowed me to double the RAM to 4G (only 3+G of which is accessible since the system is 32 Bit).

But the battery is useless and I need to run the computer constantly with external power.  The battery wasn't much use even after a year had passed; by now it's a paperweight.

But I can't find a replacement.  Everywhere I find a so-called "replacement battery for AL10A31", it turns out to be a 6- or 9-cell battery that does not fit the computer correctly and prevents the display from opening beyond 30 degrees or so.

This seems like terrible support for a computer that has so much possibility for longer term usefulness.  I know there are many good computers out there.  In fact, I have some nice 64 Bit systems I use on a regular basis, but this little gem is perfect for those apps that require a 32 Bit system; and it's wonderfully portable, also.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Walmart has the 3-cell unit but only has 5 left. Kinda steep price though at $60. I sometimes use a much bigger battery on my AO722 but it's only a minor inconvenience  Just tilt the screen a bit with a paperback propped under the system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mijcar
    Options
    Thanks. I'll check out the Walmart offering, but that price is almost the cost of the computer (well, on Ebay, anyway). Is their battery the right one for the Aspire One? I've read about the various adjustments for the opening using other batteries, but the only ones that worked were with different machines than the D270-1401. On my machine, the lid will raise about 10 degrees when I tried a 9-cell (by accident). Perhaps the 6-cell will allow more clearance, but for now I'd just as soon find a 3-cell. What I find surprising is that the extra cell batteries I've seen are all mounted so as to interfere with the lid rather than strictly underneath where they could actually help lift the computer and still not interfere with the lid.
  • JackE
    Options

>>>Is their battery the right one for the Aspire One?>>>

Yep, same original 3-cell flavor as for my AO722. Just goto the Walmart dot com site. Enter AL10A31 in the search all box. And the overpriced 3-cell battery will pop up. But if you just gotta have this svelte 3-cell battery, well then, I guess you just gotta pay thru the nose for it. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mijcar
    Options

I just found another source - cheaper even with shipping:  laptop-parts-shop.com.

It's not in the US, but Paypal shows an acceptable history and overs their usual protection plan.

• JackE
    Options

Yeah, that one popped up for me too. Maybe worth a try with the price differential. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ