How to replace 5745G DC-In Jack assembly

Options
JGEUS1
JGEUS1 Member Posts: 2 New User

How do you take off the top of the 5745G laptop to replace the DC-In Jack Harness?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I know it seems like it could be something easy to do. If you are good with your hands and have taken your computer or others apart a lot. I would say ok then go for it. If not even though your system has a Power Cable that goes from your board to the out side of the case. (Meaning you don't have to solder to your MB) there are many things that can go wrong making changes to your computer......

There is a Total of 55 Screws that hold your system together. More maybe but 55 to get to where you want to be... The first 8 to take off the bottom to get to the Ram and HDD is the easy part... However just so you konw there is no way to do this that I know of without Taking the WHOLE thing apart...

Removing the Motherboard and then once that is done you would be able to access the cable that you want to change...

If you do it. (I would leave it to Acer Repair or a local shop) I would say take loads of pictures along the way. There are many mistakes you can make while connecting it all back together and once that is done you try and turn back on you forgot something you have to take it all apart again to find and fix what was forgotten....

Also with Pictures, I would Write down the steps you took to take apart. THen in that text have it refer to Picture # and so on. That way when you get to say part 39 it refers to picture 35, you can see how it was connected and needs to be done to be right...

Good Luck

James

• JGEUS1
    JGEUS1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for the response.  I did it before on a Sony Vaio years ago but it was much easier.  Are there any manuals showing how it comes apart?

Thanks again.