How to recover system without recovery disk?

fafastrungen
fafastrungen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hi, I've made a backup when I bought the notebook Aspire V3-771G. After that, I've installed Win 7 with my own serial key. All partitions I deleted. Right now I want to recover system to factory default but I haven't recovery disk nor recovery partition. I've got only backup five files ended with .NFB extensión and one with .CAL extensión. I've tested ghost programs and backup software but none of them could read backup files. Is there any solution for this without buying the recovery disks ? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://www.nticorp.com/en/us/cms/faqdetail.aspx?id=204

point 9

All of my backup files on my external hard drive are .NBF file extension, how do I restore? 

In the My Files folder on your destination drive, you should have a File and Fodler.CAL file and your File and Folder*.NBF files. The CAL file is used to track which files are in which NBF files. To restore this, you can click on the Restore button in the mail screen for Backup Now EZ or you can open the action menu and click on restore from the main screen for Backup Now EZ. Then your backup will be automatically selected and you will be able to select your restore points. Then you will be able to select the files you want to restore and restore them. The Complete system backup can only be restored by booting from a bootable CD or DVD made in Backup Now EZ by running the Create Bootable Disc tool in the Tools menu in Backup Now EZ.

I'm not an Acer employee.