How to flash Aspire 5560g BIOS?

chrisdealemania
chrisdealemania Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello! I have just registered with this website and dearly hope to find a solution.

My Aspire 5560g does not boot properly anymore. It looks as if it cannot complete the BIOS boot, as it restarts before even getting to POST. I cannot enter the BIOS nor do any thing else. The problem looks like at this fellow's Acer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZq69VJ2BYY

I have tried manually flashing the BIOS with 1.15, 1.09, 1.17. I have tried the Phonenix Tool / Crisis Recovery and several other methods of and file combination and renames.

Fn+ESC triggeres the laptop to scan its peripherals for flash files, however, it does not flash anything.

checking up and down other forums, it may be because the some boot block would be corrupt or the BIOS files are named incorrectly or it is the wrong flash method or the USB it self would be an issue. Some say it must have and .fd extension, some a .cap, some a .rom, some a .bin and some a .wph. 

Yes, I have tried breadboarding, exchanging USBs, renaming everything and nothing etc. etc. But I cannot find an instruction where it actually worked for the 5560g as to replicate the procedure. 

Hence...help!

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------

The BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore Tiano

This one seemed promissing: http://www.aures-support.fr/DATA/drivers/CD_POSLIGNE_3.0/Common/BiosTool/Phoenix/EFI_Shell/ShellFlash_SCT_UG.pdf

Problem: It gives out requirements withouth saying where to get those requirements (files) from.

Same here: https://github.com/antonizoon/archivis.me/wiki/Phoenix-UEFI-BIOS-Crisis-Recovery#creating-the-crisis-recovery-disk

Where to get them from? EFI Folder, PFlash.efi, CrisisRecovery.efi? 

Similar it is with every other guide/suggestions.

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,488 Pathfinder

HI.

You will have to remove the HDD for flashing the BIOS, because you can't see the BIOS and your HDD is the first to boot, without the HDD hopefully your USB will boot the program.

You can try the suggestion given here to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • chrisdealemania
    chrisdealemania Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey Ivan_Pc, Thank you for the suggestion.

In fact, I took out the HDD from the very beginning.

I tried those flash methods described in the link you gave me. I found that forum earlier when I started the whole recovery undertaking a few weeks ago. It does not work. The single file flash method with an .FD extension seems to apply to Insyde Bioses only. Mine is Phoenix - unfortunately.

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,488 Pathfinder

Sorry thought it might work,Any problem of the bios is very difficult to solve.

Lucky.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.