How should I go about replacing my Acer Aspire 5742G-6426 laptop battery? Don't know where to start.

Options
Eldoon
Eldoon Member Posts: 3 New User

My laptop battery is on its way out after almost four years of use. My battery has a small red 'x' symbol on the bottom of the icon in the taskbar, and hovering over it suggests "consider replacing your battery". Further text explains, "There is a problem with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly."

I have been looking for a replacement on many websites like BatteriesPlus, Amazon, eBay, and I just cannot find anything that appears reliable or decently priced. Any of you have experience with having to shop for a replacement battery?

By the way, I of course checked Acer's site, and they don't sell batteries. My laptop is a Acer Aspire 5742G-6426. It's frustrating not being able to just get a direct, reliable battery replacement from Acer.

Thank you for any help you can throw my way.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

This original battery is 100% compatible with your laptop.

Here are the original batteries of Aspire 5742G:

Spoiler
    BT.00603.111BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SAN
    BT.00603.124BATTERY.6C.4K4mAh.SANYO
    BT.00604.049BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SONY
    BT.00605.062BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.PAN
    BT.00606.008BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SAM
    BT.00607.125BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SIM
    BT.00607.126BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SIM
    BT.00607.127BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH.SIM
    France
  • Eldoon
    Options

Thank you so much! This may just have solved my problem; I'll look into this and make sure it is the appropriate battery. Thanks again.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

You're welcome

France
  • Eldoon
    Options

I figured this was too easy. I went to order the battery on the Acer store and it won't take my home address nor my post office address.

Edit: I missed the button that would take my address as written. I went through with that, got it ordered, and now commence crossing of fingers so it doesn't get lost in the mail.