How do I use an external projector with my Aspire One AOD257 netbook

Options
mab2957
mab2957 Member Posts: 1 New User

I can't get the display configured to support using my TV as an external monitor. 

There is an option under Control Panel -> Appearance to "Connect to a Projector".  That brings up a display "Computer Only", "Duplicate" or "Projector Only".  If I select Duplicate I see "1|2 Multiple Monitors" in my Screen Resolution selection.  But if I hit Identify it shows "1|2" both on my netbook LCD display.

After playing with this for a while I now can't even get the built-in display to work when I attache the VGA cable to my TV.  That causes the LCD display to go black.  I've played with toggling the display using the F5 key (also tried 6, though the icon on the F5 key seems to be the one I want).  That doesn't help.

There's a different way to display the Display Devices settings - by right-clicking on the desktop area and selecting Graphics Properties.  That brings up a different window which shows Operating Mode and Display Selection.  I've been able to get that to indicate a Multiple Monitor choice under Operating Mode and appear to allow me to choose what to display in the "Primary Device" and the "Secondary Device", but the pull-down choices for both of these only show Notebook.

It seems like this should be possible, but I've played for >1 hour without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

mab2957,

When connected to your TV via the VGA port, make sure that the TV supports the resolution your are outputting. This can be adjusted via your display settings. The TV would not be considered a projector but be setup as a multiple monitor setup.