How do I "right click" using the Acer track pad? Aspire 5 laptop

bsarnoffdieker
bsarnoffdieker Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I am a novice with a new Acer Aspire 5 laptop with Windows 7 on it.  Up to now I've used IBM/Lenovo laptops with a track point on the keyboard, so I'm trying to figure out how the trackpad works.  Can someone tell me how to right click on the trackpad?  Basic question...I know.  But thanks!!

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

Move your finger across the touchpad to move the cursor. Tapping on the touchpad is the same as clicking the left mouse button.
    Press the left button to perform selection and execution functions. This button is equivalent to the left button on a mouse.
    Press the right button to perform selection and execution functions. This button is equivalent to the right button on a mouse.

To Execute : Tap twice (same speed as double-clicking a mouse button).
    To Select :   Tap once.
    To Drag :   Tap twice; on the second tap, rest your finger on the touchpad and drag the cursor.
    Press and hold, then use your finger on the touchpad to drag the cursor.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Right click on the touchpad. Smiley Happy

Do it as you had a mouse.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

Move your finger across the touchpad to move the cursor. Tapping on the touchpad is the same as clicking the left mouse button.
    Press the left button to perform selection and execution functions. This button is equivalent to the left button on a mouse.
    Press the right button to perform selection and execution functions. This button is equivalent to the right button on a mouse.

To Execute : Tap twice (same speed as double-clicking a mouse button).
    To Select :   Tap once.
    To Drag :   Tap twice; on the second tap, rest your finger on the touchpad and drag the cursor.
    Press and hold, then use your finger on the touchpad to drag the cursor.

• bsarnoffdieker
    bsarnoffdieker Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks!