How do I get the flicks pen and touch functionality back?

Options
colrod
colrod Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a 5820T Timeline X laptop running Win 7 Ultimate. I recently had an issue with software refusing to install so I tried a clean boot. The software has now installed, but the touchpad on the laptop now only moves the pointer rather than being able to scroll the screen as before. I did have this issue before - any time System Mechanic would clean up the registry. That was solved by stopping it doing so and rolling it back. There is obviously a registry setting which controls this. Going into Pen and Touch from the control panel, everything appears to be set correctly. Attempting the training from within Pen and Touch doesn't work. I really miss this functionality, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you reinstalled the trackpad driver?

TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver14.0.6.029.2 MB2010/04/08Download

When you open Mouse in Control Panel, the far right tab should say Synaptics and clicking that should give you opions  for settings. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you reinstalled the trackpad driver?

TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver14.0.6.029.2 MB2010/04/08Download

When you open Mouse in Control Panel, the far right tab should say Synaptics and clicking that should give you opions  for settings.