How do I disable Tapping on Acer ES1-512 with Compliant Mouse Driver?

davvynjaykub
davvynjaykub Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought an Acer computer, and am to the point where I am about to return it for a MAC because I cant turn off the tap to click feature. I have tried going through the control panel and messing with the mouse settings. I have tried to install the elantech driver as well as the synaptics driver. I can't get the drivers to actually work. I have contacted Microsoft and they are basically like "we don't know so go ask Acer." 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may check if your computer is shipped with "Precision Touchpad " in wndows 8.1
    A certified  windows Precision Touchpad  is a new class of input devices that provide high precision pointer input and gesture functionality.

Open PC settings, and click/tap on PC and devices on the left side.

Click/tap on Mouse and touchpad on the left side,
    On the right side under Touch keyboard, move the slider to the right to turn on Touchpad.

You will find options to : Turn on/off  the following options
    Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected
    Enable swiping in from the left or right side
    Reverse scrolling direction
    Allo right-clicks on the touchpad
    Double-tap and drag
    Turn off taps, or change the delay taps work

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may check if your computer is shipped with "Precision Touchpad " in wndows 8.1
    A certified  windows Precision Touchpad  is a new class of input devices that provide high precision pointer input and gesture functionality.

Open PC settings, and click/tap on PC and devices on the left side.

Click/tap on Mouse and touchpad on the left side,
    On the right side under Touch keyboard, move the slider to the right to turn on Touchpad.

You will find options to : Turn on/off  the following options
    Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected
    Enable swiping in from the left or right side
    Reverse scrolling direction
    Allo right-clicks on the touchpad
    Double-tap and drag
    Turn off taps, or change the delay taps work
  • Technofix
    Technofix Member Posts: 7 New User

Well, sounds easy.

But, the touch pad feature is not shown in the tab "PC and devices" at all.

Infact, I am struggling getting a driver installed which enable the touch pad to work.

The Acer support side for ES1-512 driver does not list any touchpad driver. For the ES1-511 driver from Synaptic and Elan are available.

After a call with the Acer premium support, I downloaded the latest driver version from the Synaptic page. Unfortunately, the installtion was aborted.

So, I would be happy to get any guidance how to get my touch pad working.