How can i overclock acer aspire one happy 2

Options
OBAID
OBAID Member Posts: 4 New User

HI,

Can you please tell me how to overclock acer aspire one happy 2 ? It's running raelly slow

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Back up your personal data and do a full factory recovery.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925/~/use-acer-erecovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media

If you haven't deleted or modified the Recovery partitions, this will delete everything and  reset everything to factory drfault. There is also a setting to retain user data and refresh the system.

As far as overclocking it, replace the HDD with a SSD and upgrade the factory 1GB memory to 2GB.

• OBAID
    OBAID Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi,Thanks for your reply,  but isn't there any other way?  Bec. haven't got that much money.

I've already  done what you said but nothing. 

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

the suggestion made to upgrade from an HD to a SSD will give some perfomance increase as will increasing the ram to 2 gig, but as for actual overclocking this can not be done as your computer is not designed to do this type of action, only other thing i could add is remove any install software you do not use and check the start up folder in the Task Manager and disable anything that is not needed to be used at startup.

• mrpete
    mrpete Member Posts: 32 New User
    Options

The prior suggestions above about how you can speed up you Aspire One are good ones. Do those things and your laptop WILL speed up.

Also, the warning that it is a bad idea or impossible to overclock your Aspire One is pretty good.
    It is possible that you might be able to find some screwed up way to overclock your laptop, BUT THAT IS A VERY BAD IDEA. If you were to do that you would just be asking for overheating problems that can easily kill your laptop. It's a really bad idea for you with that laptop.

Now, if you wanted to overclock a "build it yourself" desktop system with a motherboard that specifically is built with a BIOS that allows you to overclock, then that is quite a different story.