How can I replace the drivers in my Acer Aspire 5560G? My disk crashed and cds do not work

jackwaller2000
jackwaller2000 Member Posts: 5 New User

My original disk just froze up and the supplied recovery disks are not reading proper?

Windods 7 32 bit OS

Answers

• copenman
    copenman Member Posts: 19 New User

Hi, is the system able to boot up at all, if so does it freeze while tying to load windows or sometime between post anf windows loading.

• copenman

Ok, you shouldn't need any drivers for that the drive will be automatically detected by the bios.  So as long as you're able to get to the bios you should have no problem.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    , aIf you have not replaced and able to use  the orginal hard disk and operating system shipped wiht your computer, you may try to restore your computer from the hard disk partition, Restart the computer, When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key. After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready. Click Next to begin the restore process. These steps would restore the computer to day one settings.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• copenman

I appoligize as he responded to me in a direct email which i did not include in my respone.  Please see below.

No Have to replace the disk drive and install a new copy of win 7
  • jackwaller2000

The disk that came with the computer -- froze -- tried data recovery. Did not work. disk is not repairable - it is worthless.

Installed a new disk drive - same make and size as original.

Tried to install with the CDs that came with the computer. They are corrupt and will not read the entire contents.

I putchased a copy of Win 7.

Iy will install and works great, BUT the grivers for wihi network adapyer etc are not supplied in Win 7 disk.

I went to Acer and tried to download drives and Can Not because they do not show up for the down load.

I just want to down load the sound, network adapler and video,

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tell me who makes these devices or where I can find the needed information.

I am not a stupid jerk about computers

I help make the first computer Philco Ford made back in the 50s

Helpped develope several different dedicated  computers for missile guideance systems.

Worked on Data General, DEC. NCR, IBM. and Honeywell computers BIG and small

• copenman

jackwaller2000 wrote:

The disk that came with the computer -- froze -- tried data recovery. Did not work. disk is not repairable - it is worthless.

Installed a new disk drive - same make and size as original.

Tried to install with the CDs that came with the computer. They are corrupt and will not read the entire contents.

I putchased a copy of Win 7.

Iy will install and works great, BUT the grivers for wihi network adapyer etc are not supplied in Win 7 disk.

I went to Acer and tried to download drives and Can Not because they do not show up for the down load.

I just want to down load the sound, network adapler and video,

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tell me who makes these devices or where I can find the needed information.

I am not a stupid jerk about computers

I help make the first computer Philco Ford made back in the 50s

Helpped develope several different dedicated  computers for missile guideance systems.

Worked on Data General, DEC. NCR, IBM. and Honeywell computers BIG and small

No I don't believe you are I think therewas just a mis-understanding on what exactly you were attempting.  That being said if you go back to the drivers download page and select the Windows 7 64bit in the operating system drop down you'll will see the drivers you need.  The initial OS choice is Windows 7 32bit, and that option has no drivers listed.  In case you need the 32bit drivers instead of the 64bit let me know and I'll see what I can track down for you,  I apoligize for the misunderstanding.

• jackwaller2000

It is a 32 bit system because of the CPU I guess Once I get it started I can tell.

Sorry I tried to be just to the point about what I needed. Should have stated evrything up front.

Thanks very much for your help.

I do not under stan why Acer does not make them available

I have an ASUS

and

an HP both of which have drivers available for user down load.

• copenman

jackwaller2000 wrote:

It is a 32 bit system because of the CPU I guess Once I get it started I can tell.

Sorry I tried to be just to the point about what I needed. Should have stated evrything up front.

Thanks very much for your help.

I do not under stan why Acer does not make them available

I have an ASUS

and

an HP both of which have drivers available for user down load.

No worries I've been there myself and we get scrambled when frustrated.  I do however need to ask if you're able to supply some information on the hardware.  Seeing as you may not actually be able to give exact information due to the hardware not being recognized a general idea of the hardware make and model will allow me to determine which way to proceed so we can the drivers you need.

So if would be so kind as to tell me the make and model of the following:

1.  Wireless Network Adapter

2.  Builtin Network Adapter

3.  Audio Adapter  

4.  Video Card

As to why Acer no longer has 32bit drivers for Windows 7 on your model I really can't say with any certianty as I'm just a guy like you who also is having some hardware issues but I figured I might as well help out where I can until I figure mine out.  I also have a background in IT Datacenters, started with Digital back in the 90's running Microsoft Datacenters and moved on through Compaq, and then HP.  Provided all of Microsofts Datacenter Managed Services back then and before all that was a field tech for Wang.  So happy I retired.

[edited to comply with guidelines - removed link which prompts to download]

• jackwaller2000

SNID ****

Aspire 5560G

S/N: LXRNZ01009*****

Thanks very much 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• jackwaller2000

Thanks very much everyone I am finally up and running - took a full 12 hrs tp get rid of all the unneeded juck that acme with the various downloads ----- but you were all great and its running. Can't say thanks enough. could not have got here without your help.

Jack