How To Hook Up External Monitor For Acer Aspire One 725 Laptop?

BeltFanChris
BeltFanChris Member Posts: 3 New User

Good Afternoon to you all. I need some help with hooking up an external monitor for my Acer Aspire One 725 laptop

I just bought my little brother a bigger, wider hd monitor for his gaming computer for his birthday. I'm getting back my old Dell LCD flat screen monitor he was using. I want to hook it up to my laptop for a project I'm currently working on

I like the way my project looks and saves on the Dell monitor. So I want to use it and hook it up to my laptop and use it for my project

I do know how to hook it up, I got that part down. I just need help with the settings and how to change so the external monitor has the same display as the laptop itself or how I can used the extra monitor as the primary viewing source

The laptop has Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon. I apologize if this same question has been asked a few hundred times before

I try searching and Google for a manual for the laptop but I couldn't find anything

Answers

• Does the monitor have HDMI?

Connect the HDMI cable to the Acer and the monitor. Turn on the monitor.

The HDMI cable will carry sound to any speakers.

Getting a desktop picture?

Right click on the desktop and choose Screen Resolution.

Go to the Multiple Displays setting and change it to Show Desktop Only On Two, if that is what you want.

If you have to use VGA, it should be the same except you will need a audio cable if the monitor has speakers and you want to use them.