How I solved my HDMI audio problem

Options
crwannall
crwannall Member Posts: 2 New User

I went to this page: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers.

I supplied model of my laptop. Downloaded the audio driver. Ran the installation, which was supposed to uninstall the current one, restart, install the new one, and restart. After the uninstall, it simply sat there until I gave up after 20 minutes and restarted laptop myself. I ran the install again, and apparently it had uninstalled the old one, because when I ran it this time it started in on the install. At the end, I clicked "restart now". Voila.

Now, when I open the Sound dialog box, and plug in the HDMI cable, I see the high def driver become available. Unplug HDMI cable, the high def goes away. It is very consistent, so now it seem straightened out.

I thought I might post this as a new topic with "solved" in the subject to make it easy for everyone to find this.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Glad to know that you have sorted out the issue. Your efforts to resolve this problem is very much appreciated.

• crwannall
    crwannall Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sad to say, this problem has reappeared. I have been running without a problem until about two weeks ago. Again, I plug in the HDMI cable, video goes to tv, but no audio. I leave cable in, I restart computer, voila, tv and video both to tv. Mostly. Except sometimes, not. So, I reinstall the driver again, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Now I really don't know what's happening. Why would a device appear and disappear, or mabe the driver, or whatever is actually happening?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

check if windows automatically updated your VGA drivers, if so they are not compatbile with your system.

I'm not an Acer employee.