Hi all, my Acer Aspire 5251-1513 has developed a yellow tint where it should be white...

Options
oliviaheart1
oliviaheart1 Member Posts: 6 New User

I did a quick online search and finally found info about the (backlight) inverter going bad ... all drivers have been updated, true color(32) is set, tint appears in safe mode, I cannot switch monitors as I have no other. Can I, should I, try to replace the inverter? Any other suggestions on trouble-shooting this problem?  Thank you for any help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried to HDMI or VGA out to a TV to make sure your video adapter is OK?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• oliviaheart1
    Options

Hi JackE, Thanks for the suggestion... unfortunately, I don't have necessary cables; the graphis are fine, the card seems to be good, and the tint comes and goes, reverting to white, then back to yellow ... I believe the connection between the card and the monitor is "loose" ... but saw the info on the "inverter" and wondered if that could be it. I do appreciate your help. Thanks again.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Before you  dismantle and mess with the hardware and ribbon cable connections, I suggest you go to home depot, Lowes, 5-below and even some dollar stores and get an HDMI cable --- a 6 footer usually runs between $5-15. At least you'll be able to double check your video adapter since there also could be an issue between it and the mainboard --- which is more serious.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• oliviaheart1
    Options

Hey JackE,  I will do that!  Thanks so much for the suggestion.