Hi all: New member here

Options
J1m
J1m Member Posts: 2 New User

I never thought I'd need to use this forum because Acer products are so dependable. My experience level is slightly below intermediate, even though I've been using computers since the old Atari ST days.

I own the Acer Aspire 5517, which I bought in late 2009. It was working great.I like it and want to continue to use it. It was initially bought for every day use. I use my Acer for music production. I got into the hobby about a year after I bought my laptop. I have another older then that desktop not suitable for music production.

About 2010 I got a virus but managed to get that ironed out. Then about 2 years ago I got another virus. A colleague was able to salvage my system. Then about a year and a half ago, maybe longer I find out after a crash, my os was not a genuine build. Initaly my Acer came with Windows 7 Home Premium. My colleague said in the last crash he installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Then when I couldn't get into my laptop desktop I had to uese system restore. I still want to use this laptop until I can afford a faster laptop with better cpu speeds.

Finally, I'd like to know is there a way to restore my laptop back to its original (even though I could lose all my programs, which is ok) factory settings and os. I have the original product key but no install disk.

J1m

Best Answer

Answers