Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5755G which has GeForce GT 630M card installed

Options
Gruffa
Gruffa Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5755G which has GeForce GT 630M card installed and an Intel (R) HD Graphic 3000

I am trying to run Onone Perfect Photo 9 which requires open GL2 or preferably GL4.4 but i keep getting error 1018 unable to open Requires video card supporting Open GL 2. GeForce GT supports Open GL but Intel 3000 does not. Can i get Onone application to use GeForce.

Why is there 2 Graphics cards in stalled?

Regards Gruffa

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As i wrote, Intel will be the default governor until you will launch a 3D application.

Honestly i don't know if BIOS or Acer application will let you assign the main VGA.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

there are 2 VGA installed for power consumption and performance.

to do simple docs editing or browsing the web, you will save battery using the Intel vga since it's very low consumption card.

if you need performance as playing games or using 3D application, the system will switch to the more powerfull Nvidia card, but battery drain will increase a lot.

About your problem, i would ask to the OnOne support if there's any string or option to force system to switch to Nvidia vga.

• Gruffa
    Gruffa Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Many thanks Ace for such a speedy reply. I will try Onone support to see if I can steer the App to use GeForce.
    When opening the display window its Intel that seems to govern the resolution of the screen. Can GeForce do that?
    Regards Gruffa
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As i wrote, Intel will be the default governor until you will launch a 3D application.

Honestly i don't know if BIOS or Acer application will let you assign the main VGA.
  • Alan-London
    Options

You can assign any program to use nVidia card.
    Open the nVidia control panel (right click on desktop and select 'NVIDIA Control Panel') and select 'Manage 3D settings'. Select the 'Program Settings' tab. From here you can select your program. If it is not in the list, click add, navigate to it and select. You can now select nVidia GPU from option 2.

• IronFly
    Options

Good catch Alan!!

i forget that option.