Hey everyone! I have a problem with my ACER ASPIRE 7736 ZG .

Options
mbc77
mbc77 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey eyeryone! I have a problem with my ACER ASPIRE 7736ZG .Recently my motherboard crashed and along with it my hdd became unusable. I have set a hdd password from my ACER ASPIRE 7736ZG BIOS and now my hdd cannot be read by any other laptop which has the option HDD PASSWORD . When i connect my hdd to another laptop which has this option, the system prompts the option HDD PASSWORD NEEDED, but when i type my password it just keeps on telling me that my password is invalid. Is there any other option to retrieve my data from my hdd? Is there any chance that , in the eventuality of finding the same model at another person my hdd would recognize the motherboard as being legit and accepting my password, or the original motherboard is the only one which can help me bypass this issues?It cannot be fixed that s why i am so desperate. Smiley Sad

Need help. 

Thank you in advance ! Smiley Sad

Answers

• gordonbp
    gordonbp Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

BIOS passwords don't normally have anything to do with encrypting hard drives.

Are you sure that it's not Bitlocker encrypted?

• mbc77
    mbc77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey there!Thanks for your reply! My harddisk in encrypted , it is not visible on any other laptop. It just prompts for the password and when i enter it , it just gives me the error message :"invalid password" . Don t know what to do, i want to retrieve my data from it . I am out of solutions ...