Help with new mini wifi card in Aspire 5749 gettin error code 10

fabgav
fabgav Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi all, 

I brought a new mini wifi card for my laptop so i could get 5gh wifi due to an upgrade in my broadband.

I did some research and found that supposidly the Intel Centrion Advanced 6205 card is compatible with my laptop.

I downloaded the most recent drivers and install the card.

Device manager see's it and states drivers are installed but has error code 10 -' device cannot start.

I check the registry which did not seem to have the problems in as reported by other forums (something about upper and lower filters)

I when into bios setup and restored defaults.

Tried down-grading the driver to an older version but still the same problem.

I even took it out and re-installed the card.

So basically does anybody know for sure if this card is compatble OR have I brought a dud card?

My only thought is that if it was dud surely device manager would not even see it?

Windows 7 home is my OS

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Regard, 

Gav

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you uninstall and delete all wireless programs and drivers in Programs and features and Devive Manager before you tried to install the Intel? If not do that and reboot, then install Intel.

• fabgav

no i did not,

so in device mamager, goto my current wifi card (broardcom) and select uninstall.

should i check the box to remove device software too?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Yes, remove anything related to wifi except your downloaded driver that you're going to install.

• fabgav
    Hi. Well all uninstalled existing WiFi card plus it's driver. I have no WiFi management system just Windows.
    installed new card. Still the same error
    when ever I 're install the broardcom adapter it automatically installed microsfot virtual WiFi yet with the Intel one it doesn't. Could this be a problem?
    One thing I've noticed is the driver details for the new card are as followers