Help with Networks....

Alanon48
Alanon48 Member Posts: 5 New User

So I now know not to trust family when it comes to laptops.

Recently a brother-in-law asked to use my laptop to send an email (this was about a week ago) now I find that he has installed his own network on my laptop. Oddly enough he didn't ask permission to do so. And I was under the impression that he only wanted to use it just once.

So my question is can I remove his network by re-installing Windows 7? He is in college and isn't here now and I don't know when the next time he will be here.

And NO I really don't care what he has put in that network. He did it without permission... So all is fair as they say...

But alternately is there another way to remove this illegal network from my system.

Clearly I can't get him to do it. I don't trust his word anymore...

Thanks...

Leonard

P.S.: Is it possible that he can access my laptop from anywhere he happens to be? I don't see his name in the area marked NETWORK now.... I really need help to rid me of this problem... Thanks again

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,445 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Assuming a wireless network, right click the network icon in taskbar. Click open network & sharing ctr. On left side of ctr, click manage wireless networks. Right click whichever network name you want to remove. Then click remove.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,445 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Assuming a wireless network, right click the network icon in taskbar. Click open network & sharing ctr. On left side of ctr, click manage wireless networks. Right click whichever network name you want to remove. Then click remove.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Alanon48
    Alanon48 Member Posts: 5 New User

Thank you for your reply... It is very much appreciated....

• memmry
    memmry Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, you may also be able to block his devices in McAfee Home PC and network tools although mainly used to block intrusion devices on your network it may be helpful to know.