Help, why no bluetooth device showing after win 7 installation on new E5-411?

Options
brogreg
brogreg Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I recently brought a Aspire E5-411, in Thailand, with a Linpus Linux OS. I installed my prefered OS Win7 x64. I managed to locate and install the hardware drivers. The strange thing is there is no bluetooth device showing in device manager. Is it because (a) there is no b/tooth adapter on this model, (b) the adapter is faulty, (c) I need to iinstall a driver to activate, or (d) other? I've taken things as far as my limited knowledge will go, I hope someone can help answer this question.

Best Answer

• brogreg
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ironfly, I've solved the problem. The only way to do it was install win 8.1 for evaluation. Now there are bluetooth devices where they should be in 'device manager'. And everything works a whole lot better than when I had win 7 on there. I've learnt the hard way that the latest hardware and drivers are not compatible with win 7, anybody who tries to install on win 8 supported model will only have problems, things not working properly or not at all. Hope this helps others, time to move on from win 7 I think and hey 8.1 ain't that bad really...Thanks again, ciao.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

please post the complete model E5-411-xxx or the part number:

example: NX.MLQAA.001

it must be the first part of your serial number, DON'T POST the complete serial number!!!!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • brogreg
    Options
    The model is Acer Aspire-E5 411-P1CR (NXMLQST). Thanx.
  • brogreg
    Options
    Sorry that should have been NX.MLQST.002
  • IronFly
    Options

Bluetooth must be available.

on the Acer support site there are 2 bluetooth drivers for windows 8.1:

atheros

broadcom

since you installed windows 7, please check on device manager if any exclamation mark is present, if you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• brogreg
    Options
    I have installed win 7, in the device manager there is no bluetooth logo, normally after battery on the list, hence no yellow driver warning. I tried to load the software for win 7 bluetooth from Broadcomm website but it cannot find my bt adapter therefore will not complete the download, there is a error message to switch bluetooth on. I have checked the specs forthis model and it should have bt, so either its faulty or for some reason the hardware didn't get switched on during the installation, could this be because I installed win 7 rather than the normal win 8 os for this model?
  • brogreg
    Options

Thanks Iron Fly, I'll give it a try in next couple of days and let you know how I get on.

• brogreg
    Options

Hi Iron Fly

I downloaded and installed the bluetooth suite from Atheros. I tried to find and install in add harware. Downloaded a launch manager compatible with win 7. I even reinstalled windows, but there is still no bluetooth hardware appearing in device manager, not even appearing with a yellow exclamation mark. So I have returned the computer to the supplier and they will send a replacement. I will let you know how it goes when I get the new computer in a few days.

Regards

Greg

• IronFly
    Options

ok, good. Smiley Happy

• brogreg
    Options

Dear Iron Fly,

One thing I'd like to ask, I know you're not an employee, but you may have a suggestion. It would be a great help to the many Acer customers out there who still use win 7, and will probably do so for a couple more years, if Acer could put the full set of drivers for download on the website. What would be the best way to propose this to Acer?.

Regards

Greg

• IronFly
    Options
  • brogreg
    Options

Hi again IronFly, it's been a while and I finally received the computer from the supplier but it was the same one I sent as faulty. When I contacted customer service said they sent it back as the bt was working ok. I asked how they tested it and am still waiting for their response. 

In the meantime I've found out that BT Radio may not appear in the device manager list as the bt can be on the network adapter, looking at the drivers in the bundle for win 8.1 seems to support this setup ie the network adapter drivers are wifi+bt. So I've tried to find and download a win 7 equivalent, installed atheros, broadcomm etc everything that would install I've tried it, still no sign of any bt devices in device manager. It only shows the wifi, ethernet and virtual miniport devices under network adapters, no bluetooth. There's not even an error message saying the driver is not installed properly, no mention of bt devices wkatsoever. I've installed bt suites and they can't open a bt device, I've tried clicking directly on the various application symbols in the bt suite program files and either nothing happens or returns an error message. I installed acer launch manager and it doesn't appear on the start menu even though it's in the control panel's installed programs list (and mysteriously won't come up in Search either). When I go to LM in Computer/C/Program Files (x86) and click on the LM program symbol in the file it doesn't open. I also tried Fn F3 at different times and configurations, nothing, there doesn't seem to be any way to switch bt on. After spending hours on this I'm seriously stumped.

• IronFly
    Options

If you turn on the WiFi the BT is available?

can you check on Device manager, click on View tab and check "show hidden devices", if BT will appear?

download this little tool from Acer:

http://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/HWID/APP/HWVendorDetection.exe#_ga=1.90898266.1335089677.1415683611

it will scan your hardware, so maybe the BT modul will appear on the list.

• brogreg
    Options

Broadcomm wireless adapter working ok ie my wifi is connected, but still no bluetooth device. Also Fn F3 which is supposed to switch on/off wireless doesn't function. Interestingly services.msc shows blueooth services started (automatic), except bluetooth support (manual). I started bluetooth support and tried to discover the computer with my phone but didn't come up in the scan. Added bluetooth device (RFComm Protocl TDI) from add legacy devices/network adaptors/microsoft to network adapters but it has a function error, can't be switched on. When open hidden devices in device manager there is no BT only a USB controller in other devices that has an error - no driver. Searched the net and the computer inc win 8 driver dvd for driver, even using microsoft fix it tool, it tells me to go to the manafacturers website but in driver properties it doesn't give any information about the manafacturer.

I'll try the scan from the link you sent and let you know. Thanks. 

• IronFly
    Options

can you post the hardwareIDs of this USB controller?

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• brogreg
    Options

Sorry the hw module scan didn't detect anything other than LAN, there was a suggestion to switch on bluetooth and detect again but that's the problem I can't switch bluetooth on. Four different bluetooth related services are running but not using any system resources. I've now wa sted so much time on this, when I should be doing other things, I think I'll have to become accustomed to life without bluetooth, I didn't use BT that much anyway. I'm just really dissappointed in Acer for lack of support and there is no warning, when you buy the computer, that it has no support for win 7. It's way past bedtime here, thanks for your help anyway Ironfly.

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• brogreg
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ironfly, I've solved the problem. The only way to do it was install win 8.1 for evaluation. Now there are bluetooth devices where they should be in 'device manager'. And everything works a whole lot better than when I had win 7 on there. I've learnt the hard way that the latest hardware and drivers are not compatible with win 7, anybody who tries to install on win 8 supported model will only have problems, things not working properly or not at all. Hope this helps others, time to move on from win 7 I think and hey 8.1 ain't that bad really...Thanks again, ciao.

• IronFly
    Options

Good to hear, you welcome. Smiley Happy

Ciao

• segunclement
    segunclement Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am using window 7 on my acer aspire e11, but the bluetooth is not discovering and detecting other bluetooth devices, what can I do please?