Help, my Acer aspire one D270 is not starting ,blue light blinking , no acer logo is coming

Options
acerpitu
acerpitu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

Press and hold the power button until the machine turns off. Wait a few moments. Then press the power button to turn machine back on. If you still can't see a screen, do you hear any sounds like a Windows welcoming melody to indicate the machine is actually booting? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• acerpitu
    acerpitu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    no.nothing coming out . initially i took out battery , hold on button for 30 secs , put the battery again --yes it started 2 -3 times --but now it fails to start though i have done it repeatedly.
  • JackE
    Options

Do you see an Acer logo screen if you HDMI out to a TV? Might have to toggle TV on with the Fn+F5 combo. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• olins05
    olins05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I can hear the windows welcome sound but the screen is totaly black please help me
  • JackE
    Options

olins05>>>I can hear the windows welcome sound but the screen is totaly black please help me >>>

You should replace the screen ribbon cable available for ~$15 with free shipping from Amazon or Ebay. The old cable either has dirty/corroded connectors or cracked conductor traces in the hinge area from opening/closing the lid too often. Meanwhile you can still use the machine by HDMI cable out to an external TV. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ