Help: Over sensitive pinch and zoom

Options
Aspire_lynn
Aspire_lynn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have recently purchased Acer, Aspire V3-572PG (Aspire|V), with Windows 8.1 installed, it has a pinch and zoom screen which is driving me insane.  The screen automatically grows to the size of an elephant and or reduces to a postage stamp every few minutes as I use my touchpad, browse or even breathe, I have to manually keep changing the screen size back to 100%, it is impossible to use.

I can't find the settings to edit or disable this, please advise.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Aspire_lynn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the advice, I found that it was using a Synaptics driver. 

I got in touch with Acer support and they said that it was not a problem which needed repair as it is an option on the laptop, ignoring that I informed them that I did not want the screen to resize of it's own accord.

But the laptop was only a few weeks old and I was disappointed that I should have to start taking steps to fix a problem which Acer deny exists and possibly deem the labtop to be out of the criteria of any warranty, because I tried to fix it myself.  So instead, I returned it to the shop and got a refund and I won't be buying another Acer product.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You can try downloading the driver from Acer and uninstalling and deleteing the driver in Device Manager, reboot and try it with the default driver fist. If it's not good, reinstall the new driver should tell you if you have a Synaptics or Elantech touchpad if you don't know.

• Aspire_lynn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the advice, I found that it was using a Synaptics driver. 

I got in touch with Acer support and they said that it was not a problem which needed repair as it is an option on the laptop, ignoring that I informed them that I did not want the screen to resize of it's own accord.

But the laptop was only a few weeks old and I was disappointed that I should have to start taking steps to fix a problem which Acer deny exists and possibly deem the labtop to be out of the criteria of any warranty, because I tried to fix it myself.  So instead, I returned it to the shop and got a refund and I won't be buying another Acer product.