Have an Aspire 5750 with screen that boots up then the colours go erratic and then it goes grey

Options
GTaylorB
GTaylorB Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All 

I have a problem with the screen on my Acer aspire 5750 when I switch it on it boots up fine then when attempt to use mouse goes erratic colours and then scrreen goes grey all over. Also the touchpad does not work tried all the FN F7 thing but when I check the device manager with an HID attached mouse it only shows the software for hat not the original PS2 software driver! It has just had new screen,power jack and keyboard but still cannot fix this frustrating problem. Can anyone provide me a solution? Thanks

Geoff

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,486 Trailblazer
    Options

>>> It has just had new screen,power jack and keyboard >>>

I'm gonna guess the ribbon cable connectors for the new screen & keyboard, and for the touchpad have either come loose or need to be firmly re-seated. This includes the ribbon connections at the motherboard. You can easily check the video adapter by HDMI or VGA out to an external monitor but I'll bet there's nothing wrong with the adapter. Just the ribbon connectors to the screen, keyboard and touchpad weren't seated too well.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ