Have Aspire V5-131-2680. Combo Earphone/Mike jack issue

Options
czachry
czachry Member Posts: 11 New User

Have Aspire V5-131-2680.  Using adapter to separate earphone and mike connections.  When adapter is plugged into the combo jack on the right side of the computer, the computer mike does not appear to be disabled and the connected mike through the adapter is not enabled.  Am I missing some option here?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may open control panel, Click Hardware and Sounds, and then click Managing audio devices. A Sound window opens, Click the Recording tab and check if any line in device is displayed and enable it
    You may also check by disabling  the internal microphone in the recording tab.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

• czachry
    Options

I did all of this before writing the note.  When clipping on "Microphone" I can see a box titled "Jack Information" and in the box a button that says "analog jack".  When you left or right clip on it nothing happens.  Should it go to something like enable?

I have not reinstalled the driver yet.  

• czachry
    Options

I reinstalled the driver and that did not help.  The "Line In" jack is not shown as an option for use when the adapter is plugged in.  When it is plugged in, the speakers are cut and the earphones (Stereo) works fine but the microphone does not work.  It is not cutting the computer mike off and using the exteranl line in mike.  Can anyone help me with this issue?   

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

There are a couple things on this Lenova page that worked for these users. If this stuff doesn't show up in your Realtec HD Audio Manager it seems to me that the Drivers are incomplete.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/X1-Carbon-combo-headphone-mic-jack-does-not-work/td-p/1590826/page/2

• czachry
    Options

I have an Acer Aspire V5-131-2680 computer running Windows 7 that I purchased in October, 2014.  As outlined earlier when a combo adapter is plugged into the combo jack it is disabling the internal computer speakers as expected but IS NOT disabling the internal computer mike and defaulting to the line-in jack of the combo adapter.  It appears that lots of users are having this same problem  and I am disappointed that Acer has not dissolved this issue long ago since they elected to use a combo jack rather two separate jacks.  I don’t know what the problem is but expect it could be a driver problem or a hardware problem or both.  The computer speakers disable when the adapter is plugged into the combo jack and default to the headphones which tells me that the jack breaks that connection but not the computer mike connection.

The sound card driver version on my computer is 6.0.1.6577 dated 2/21/2012 which when trying to update says that is the latest.  I found the following picture below on the internet of what some options for recording might look like on some computers.   If the jack itself DOES NOT break the connection for the internal mike and default to the line-in jack of the adapter, that may be the reason they show a separate line-in option here that can be checked.  The driver (6.0.1.6577) for the sound card on my computer is the same for both Payback and Recording and the only option is the Microphone Realtek High Definition Audio Default Device.  In short no other Recording options are available.

Sound Card Image.jpg

At this point I am rather annoyed about this situation and very surprised that I am having to deal with this.  I like the computer BUT the internal speakers are terrible as well.  The left speaker is now very distorted and there never has been enough drive.  In short I am about ready to send the computer back to Acer requesting a refund if these issues are not resolved.  My wife has an Acer computer and loves it.  It DOES NOT have all these issues and that is one reason I went with this computer.  Acer tell me what the solution is quickly before I pack it up and send it back to up. 

• Ham123
    Ham123 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Czachry,

I'm new to the Acer forum, however, I had to return two "HP x2-k010nr" and one Asus Transformer, with the same problem. The problem appears to be Microsoft 8.1 software. I own a Gateway netbook which I have used for 4 years with zero problems with audio. However looking for a new Win 8.1 pc since my Gateway playback audio stopped working after a MS update. Hope 8.2 will fix these audio problems so I can buy a new pc.   Good Luck!

Ham123

• czachry
    Options
    This computer is using Windows 7 not Windows 8.