Had Acer repair my AC Adapter

Options
l02turner
l02turner Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Had to return my Laptop the 2nd time to repair my AC Adapter - Why in the world would they need to reset the HDD for a simple hardware replacement which had nothing to do with the HDD? I've spend 7 days (so far) trying to get my laptop back to where it was!  I know I agreed they could reset the HDD if needed and I have all my files on Carbonite but it still take a lot of time to put things back where needed!  IMO all they did when they reset the HDD was cause me to waste a lot of time!    BTW, the HDD and all software ran great.  Now, I get a black screen from time to time if I close windows.  Plus the Win button no longer works and many other things are not right.  Guess I'll need to send it back for more repair!.. terrible !

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

It might help to know what ACER model & number you're having issues with. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• l02turner
    l02turner Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

BTW, I forgot to mention, but I just noticed Cortana is not responding like it usually does. I never use it but in a way it was nice to see it pop up at vrious times.   I haven't seen Cortana since the Win 10 Key stopped working.  At this point I am lost tryiing to understand whether it's a problem with Win10 or ACER.  Thanks to all - 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>At this point I am lost tryiing to understand whether it's a problem with Win10 or ACER. >>>

We'd still like to know what ACER model & number you're having issues with. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ