HDMI Not Working - Aspire E1-510P-4402

Options
bucketjesus
bucketjesus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello.

I just recently purchased an HDMI compatible television, for the purpose of extending the screen on my Acer Aspire E1-510P-4402.

At first, I thought it might have been either a faulty HDMI cable, or television. This is not the case, however. The television works perfectly fine on another computer, using the same HDMI cable.

Since I isolated the problem to the laptop not reconising it, I tried to reboot my laptop, yielding no result on the second screen.

I also downloaded the latest version of the VGA Driver (Intel HD Graphics) from the Acer driver support site, then uninstalling the driver in Device Manager (and removing the driver files) -> rebooting -> reinstalling the driver (to be 100% certain of the latest version) -> then rebooting again. This also did not work.;

I also did the same thing with the Intel Chipset driver, seeing as it may have been a conflict between them. This resulted in no effect.

As a final measure, I also downloaded the Intel driver updater and installed it. The updater told me that a generic version of the driver may not work, and to contact the manufacturer for support with it.

After an hour of searching Google and not finding any good results, I turn to the forums and ask for help on how to fix this problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you have windows 8.x

connect the HDMI to the TV, right click on the desktop, choose screen resolution.

do you have only one screen?

about Intel updater and generic drivers not working, this happens when you have Acer/Intel VGA drivers installed, you can download the latest from Intel, uninstall Acer/Intel drivers and install Intel VGA drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bucketjesus
    bucketjesus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

When in the screen resolution window, there is only one screen being displayed. Once I click "Detect", it shows there being no other monitor detected. Now when I plug in my old CRT monitor via the VGA port, Windows reconises it, though the screen doesn't display anything, and doesn't reconise that it is plugged in.

I am currently going to reboot to Bodhi Linux to see if it is an issue with Windows. After that, I will try the Intel generic updater.

Thanks for your reply!

[EDIT]: Booting live Bodhi Linux from an exernal flash drive did not solve the problem. Neither did uninstalling the driver from Acer and installing Intel's. When I check the driver version in Device Manager, it claims Intel HD Graphics is only version 10.18.10.3309, despite the Intel Driver Updater claiming to download and install version 15.x.

Any other suggestions on what to do?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if possible try another TV/monitor or another HDMI cable.

if you are still under warranty contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.