Green screen freeze when loading apps on setup

Options
klucich
klucich Member Posts: 4 New User

Got a new E5-571P-55TL yesterday and going through the setup process I got all the way to where it says downloading apps. It displayed a message that it was processing or I forget what it said exactly. Then the words went away after about an hour. I remember reading that it said it may do this, may have a blank screen and not to turn it off. I left it on all night and still have just a green screen this morning. I know my wifi is not the fastest and figured that's what it was. Came to work today and left it sitting on the counter, still on. Can someone tell me what I should do now?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

long press power button to shut it down, then power it on and quickly press ALT+F10 keys to start Acer erecovery.

this will restart the installation process

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• klucich
    Options

It was suggested to me that it might possibly have gone to sleep or hibernation. I did tap the screen and enter button, but no response.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

long press power button to shut it down, then power it on and quickly press ALT+F10 keys to start Acer erecovery.

this will restart the installation process

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • klucich
    Options

Thanks Ace. I'll try again when I get home today.

• klucich
    Options

Thank you. Hubby got home first and closed the screen. Opened it back up, and low and behold, there was Windows desktop background. Woman Very Happy He started pushing buttons (ugh), it went back to the green screen only now with a spinning wheel. I started to read the documentation and found the Windows "button" and a few other things. Then I started watching a uTube video on Windows 8.1 and we know just enough to move around the screen now. So we're on our way to learning the new Windows. I am a Mac person but we have a desktop PC at home with Windows XP. Hubby has been on laptops at work with Windows 7 something and is pretty compuer illiterate, so it'll be up to me to dive into this and teach him as this laptop is his retirement present from me. Haven't been a PC fan in the past, but this looks like it might be a step up and looks interesting.