[Fixed]Acer Aspire 7750g driver issue.

Dafox
Dafox Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello everyone,

I own an Acer Aspire 7750g-2636G75Mnkk

Recently i updated to Windows 10 but i found out that my AMD Radeon 6650M is not supported, so i switched back to windows 7 with the Back up disc i made with the factory settings.

So i tried to update everything, i used the AMD auto detect tool and it did install to the newest 15.7 driver. After the restart i got horizontal black lines flickering over my screen so i uninstalled it and went back to the factory driver.

Went to the acer site for driver download and i saw there was a "newer" version available. (8.901.4.0).
So i uninstalled the factory one(8.822.0.0) and installed this one. But the installer said when it was done that there were some problems. I checked the log but everything was succesfully installed.

After the restart everything went good until after the login screen. Screen was black with green, i could barely see anything.

Tried to plug HDMI cable into my TV.
Tv screen is normal but laptop screen is still black and green.
So i uninstalled that one again and went back with the factory one. (8.822.0.0)

I am now running into compatibility issues, i can start a program but it closes right after. I can only start it when i put Windows 7 manually in the compatibility mode.

Even some games say my drivers are outdated.

When i do 64bit DxDiag, it says program stopped working. Started it again and it said it had problems accessing the Direct3D. If i don't skip this step, it stops working. But if i do skip it, it runs but when i check the Screen tab, there is nothing. Not even a driver detected.

I can't even open Catalyst Control Center because it says program stopped working and has been shutdown.

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version Acer gave me V1.21
Oh, and i also downloaded all the updates from Windows Update.

I tried different kind of Catalyst Control Center Suites(mostly the same as the newest driver 15.7, horizontal black lines flickering over the whole screen)

So now im stuck.

Someone got an idea on how to fix this?

Edit: After a long search on how to fix it, i've finally found it.

I have downloaded Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3d.
Cleaned everything in safe mode and reinstalled the driver.

Everything works perfect now!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer

Congratulations on the fix!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iaszucs
    iaszucs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Working solution Nr. 2

Use cru.exe and add 1600*900@85Hz. works with all drivers ans OS's for me.