Factory reset failed A01-431

Options
Paranoiddrip
Paranoiddrip Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

dont no if right place but any help would be greatly appreciated

i've recently attempted a factory reset everything was going smoothly until about 30% it stopped, it gave me a couple options

continue to windows 10 no changes made

to attempt reset again (doing so fails again)

laptop specs: 

Aspire one cloudbook 14  

A01-431-C2Q8

intel celeron processor n3060

eMMC 32GB

2GB DDR3L Memory

currently on windows 10

a few months back i attempted a reset and it failed due to not having enough memory, whether that has relevance i dont know.

i have no back ups/restore points/ theres no disk drive for windows disks

something whilst im also here, i was attempting to downgrade my windows version but couldnt find any help online, closest i came was temporary files, my laptop has old window files as i came accross them in the storage but no "windows.OLD" that most posts stated, if you can fix the reset ignore this one, if i cant fix reset could u help with this?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

next steps are only to do a clean windows 10 installation
    6) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    7) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD)
    clean
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt
    8) proceed with windows 10 installation

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Paranoiddrip
    Options

thanks ill give it a go tomoro and let you know how it went

just to double check, this will allow me to factory reset without issues?

• Paranoiddrip
    Options

still havent tried your method as no USB at the moment, through further reading online i manage to access the alt f10 and try reset from there,  it failed,  i can't remember message word for word but it basically said theres not enough space on the file or folder where windows is installed

ill try delete absolutly everything non essential on my laptop and give it a go then

• elkaydubya
    elkaydubya Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you IronFly! I was on the verge of giving up and I decided to give it one more try when I found this. I had to use the delete key to open BIOS, otherwise the instructions worked great!!