Error code 0xc0000098---HELP!?

Options
bobkat808
bobkat808 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

M5-581T ultra book- did not come with a recovery cd or usb. When I try to turn on the computer it reads- Recovery

your PC needs to be repaired

the boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

File:\BCD

error code :0xc0000098

you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media, contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

well, I am past my warranty period so I can't get any help. I got this computer as part of the emachines class action and have had nothing but trouble with it. It constantly loses the wifi driver and I have to reinstall it every 5th time I use it- now this, I tried restoring from the internl memory, ctrl F10 or whtever it was and it said I was missing necessary prts to reinstall windows etc. please help me, my tablet freezes when I try to set my fantasy football teams, I now have no way to set my team and a HUGE bye week coming!Where do I get the necessary recovery cd?That's where I start right? I am an end user, please be specific when listing steps to follow!? Thank you sooo much for your help!

Bobkat808

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the fastest way is to have a friend with windows 8.1 and ask him to create a recovery media, then boot on your pc with this recovery media and do a system repair.

or you can order the recovery media from Acer USA website:

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bobkat808
    bobkat808 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Well, I ordered the recovery disc 3 weeks ago as Ironfly suggested....and I am still waiting for it to arive!!! I have been without a computer for several weeks now and it is the holiday season....I Need my Computer back!!!!

What can I do? How long does it usually take to deliver a stupid disc?I am frustrated to say the least, this Acer product has never worked correctly. It just loses the wireless LAN all the time and then I have to reinstall the driver so I can get a wireless connection...it sucks...now this, out of nowhere...not happy with this Acer product

any additional advice????

thanx,

bobkat808