Erecovery does not start up after Alt+F10

Options
louise_dk
louise_dk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My boyfriends computer has "crashed" after he tried some "optimizing" last night.

When at the login page, it freezes before it is possible to write the password so access to the computer is not possible. 

Has checked F2 at boot and D2D is set to be enabled.

When I click Alt+F10 at boot up, it says "wait a minute" whereafter it loads the windows 8 layout, not the erecovery tool as shown in the video by acer.

How can I check in the bios whether the recovery partition is corrupt or what else to do? 

No recovery disks has been made.

It is an Aspire E1-571G laptop.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

on BIOS you can't do anything else than enabling D2D support to start Acer erecovery.

if Windows 8 recovery start, click on Toubleshoot, advanced options and select automatic repair.

wait until it finish and check if you are able to log in to windows.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • louise_dk
    Options

The computer went into "diagnostics mode" yesterday and eventually said it would repair disk error. We let it stand all night working, to this morning see it would re-start, and at boot-up say there was an error, restart - go into automatic repair mode where it would be stuck for 5-10 minutes on a black screen before it would return to "diagnostics" mode.

IS there any chance of getting the computer to work again.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

From windows recovery menu, select advanced and then Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • louise_dk
    Options
    The 2 last gives the result 0 installations of windows and after restart it goes into the same loop of error at startup and then automatic repair.