ES1-311 Mousepad freezing

Options
ss002d6252
ss002d6252 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have recently purchased a new ES1-311 with windows 8.1.

Everything is running fine apart from the mousepad - this keeps randomly freezing for 5-30 seconds before unfreezing (although occasionally a re-boot is required). Whilst it does so the keyboard continues to work fine.

I've tried removing and re-installing the drivers as well as a full restore back to the stock system but nothing seems to help. Sometimes enabling and disabling the trackper using the F7 works but only some of the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If this is newer than the one you have, please update yours.

O DriversIntelSerial IO Driver603.9600.1948.29470687.0 KB2014/11/25Download
  • ss002d6252
    Options

Thanks for the reply

Just double checked and the latest version drivers are installed.

• stinkybritches
    stinkybritches Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem on my e3-111. Searching the forums it's clear that a lot of other people do as well. Acer clearly have a big problem with this touchpad issue, and I'm not convinced they are doing enough to address the situation.
  • ss002d6252
    Options

Sounds like there's something wrong with the drivers (or the hardware's faulty) so not much when can be done for now then.

Craig

• uNdEmBle
    uNdEmBle Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have experienced troubles with touch pad also, erratic and sometimes total freeze! At first I thought I had sweaty fingers, but when checking for solution on Acer community, I noticed, that this ‘super’touchpads are quite the problem also in other Acer laptop models. Everything else works fine.

I will follow ACEpioneer's instructions.

• stinkybritches
    Options
    ACEpioneer? I don't think I've seen those instructions. Could you tell me what thread they are in?
    Thanks.
  • taylor1277
    taylor1277 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

do you mean touchpad or mouse pad, you have to explain yourself better.Acer thinks your talking about the touch screen. on your monitor. we are all talking about the mousepad. 

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

The problem is in the Windows 8.1 drivers.In some of the system configurations they don't work correctly.

This has helped some people and is a work around until the drivers are fixed.

Download the driver so you have it if you need it.

Uninstall the drivers and check delete the software. Reboot and let Windows install the default driver.If it works it will at least stop the curser from jumping all over the screen.

• stinkybritches
    Options
    Excellent. I shall try that. Thank you Philetus
  • stinkybritches
    Options
    Thank you for the correction, Taylor1277. Yes, you are quite cortect - I do mean that it is my mousepad that is freezing.
  • Sqk
    Sqk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I bought a new ES1-311 recently, and was pleased with it for the price...except I too now have intermittent problems with the mousepad. It will suddenly start to behave erratically and then freeze entirely. Fn + F7 doesn't seem to help, I have to tab to Restart to resolve the problem.

Acer, your little Aspire One netbook was bombproof and lasted me a good long time which was why I bought this new laptop from you - but the mousepad issue is pretty rubbish, and seems to be affecting a lot of people. I'll try the advice given in the thread but it really shouldn't be necessary for all of us to have to find a fix of our own for something core to the functioning of the laptop.

• uNdEmBle
    Options

Man, same with me.

I was super satisfied with Acer-One, it accompanied me around the world, deserts, jungles... no problem. But now.. I am afraid to take it outside)))

Recently touchpad behaves better, perhaps due to windows constant updating?? I dont know for sure.

• bnygren
    bnygren Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem on my ES1-311.

I downloaded the new BIOS. Then went into BIOS with F2 under BOOT and changed the mousepad from advanced to basic.
    Then I installed Windows 8.1. Mousepad works just great from the Windows installation and after.

Good luck!

• lucaspiller
    lucaspiller Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm also having this problem, I've tried:

- Updating the Serial IO driver to 603.9600.1948.29470

- Updating the touchpad driver 18.1.22.2

- Updating the BIOS to 1.1

- Changing the touchpad to "Basic" in the BIOS - this makes it even worse, I can't even click on anything then

I noticed that under "Mouse" settings in the control panel there aren't any touchpad specific settings, where do I find these?

• stephenwood77
    stephenwood77 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have tried all of the above, I have written to Acer  and received no reply.

For them to not have a solution is terrible. I am now lumbered with what is essentially a brick, which my parents saved for as a present when I visited the UK in December. No support in Melbourne, I now have to ship it back to the UK,

I am infuriated.

• stephenwood77
    Options

Acer have finally contacted me and suggested a system format. I have this and the mousepad is still trashed.

I contacted Acer again in the UK, they have said, deal with it over there (Melbourne).

Any solutions from anybody yet?

• stephenwood77
    Options

I wonder how sales are going with this product which does not work? Poor customer service, and basically no one seems to care about the issue. Almost a month now and my problems seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

• safzx
    safzx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there,

Just wondering if a solution to this was found?  I have tried most of the things suggested here and to no avail.  The trackpad freezes up randomly all too frequently and it is a nuisance.  

The problem has also been highlighted @ http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-touchpad-does-not-work/td-p/328483 as well as on the product reviews at: 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00NWHUXK0/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary/277-8364136-3789400?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending

Come on Acer, can you provide a solution please because this is a serious flaw in otherwise a really good value for money product.

Ta

• uNdEmBle
    Options

Hi guys,
    I've used ES1-311 for half year now, mostly with my wireless mouse friend)). I unsuccessfully tried to contact Slovenian Acer in order to ask them what to do with my problem (laptop), since I bought it from UK.

I noticed, that win 8.1 did not allow super touchpad driver from Acer support site (TouchPad_Synaptics_18.1.22.2_W81x64_A), to install, saying, that Microsoft driver is better??

Anyway preinstalled win 8.1 were to rich (internet consuming, fat...) for my taste. I also did'n use half the stuff they put in 8.1. I wiped the harddisk completely, and went back to my favorite win 7, two weeks ago. Now computer runs faster and touchpad works ok for 97% of time, the rest 3% does some jerking if browsing Firefoks, otherwise I am now super satisfied with comp.

I guess Microsoft has some work to do. I had a felling, that it was not a HW related thing.  Will update, if any changes.

• zeropitch
    zeropitch Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I can't believe this problem still isn't fixed. I'm in the same boat - purchased the ES1-311 for my better half at Xmas. The laptop didn't really start to get used properly until a Feb. That's when we noticed this problem. I've tried all of the possible solutions (BIOS switch from Adv to Basic & back again, Intel IO drivers, mousepad driver update, remove drivers and use MS default etc). I have noticed that it is more reliable if you plug an external mouse in but leave the mousepad enabled. Not that practical, but it does have the benefit of allowing you to move the mouse if the mousepad itself freezes.

By the looks of these threads, we're all running Win8.1 x64 straight out of the box? Has anyone been brave enough to try a preview build of Win10?  I would, but the boss has started to use the laptop for work and I can't get a look in at the minute.