E5-572G Odd battery problem

Options
psirbu
psirbu Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello!

I have a new Acer Aspire E5-572G (bought 19 days ago, not even a month) and I have started to experience something odd with my battery 4 days ago. While normally using the notebook, it suddenly went into hibernation mode, and battery dropped from approx. 26% to 5% (critical level) without notification. Now it drops from approx. 36% to 5%. 

My question: why it is like that, the battery is new and I don't believe it already needs replacement. I just want my battery to normally discharge. Thank you!

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could have a bad battery or a hardware problem. Best bet would be to return it for exchange or refund.

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Try removing the battery and power cord, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, plug in power cord and start. then reinsert the battery.

• psirbu
    Options

I tried this today and unfortunately it did not work, my notebook hibernated again when the battery was at just 36%, and when I plugged in the AC adaptor, battery level was again at 6% Smiley Sad

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could have a bad battery or a hardware problem. Best bet would be to return it for exchange or refund.

• psirbu
    Options

It finally came back to normal today. It discharged without hibernating. So I believe it will be alright from now on. I tried recalibrating the battery but I don't think that worked though. Thank you very much for your help! ^_^