E5-571 - How to find the part numbers for HDD, RAM etc ??

Options
fromsurat
fromsurat Member Posts: 21 New User

Hello Members,

I recently purchased E5-571 1.7MHz 4005U / 500GB/4GB. I purchased online.  On receiving the laptop, I found that it wouldn't boot.  It said "No bootable device".  Ok, it was a new PC and should have had Linux pre-installed, but there wasn't.  I tried installing an OS, but it wouldn't accept HDD partitions.  

So, I took it to the Acer service centre.  I just received a call from them saying that the laptop had probably been opened by someone and that part numbers for HDD and RAM didn't match those in their database !!!

How do I find the part numbers of the original laptop ??

Here is a screenshot of the BIOS.  

BiosSetup1.jpg

The laptop is at present with the service centre and he is referring to the company about it.

Serial No. : [edited to comply with guidelines]

Acer - SNID :[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • fromsurat
    Options

NXML8SI011

• laurent_14
    Options

About the original HDD:

KH.50004.011HDD.7mm.500GB.5K4.SATA (TOSHIBA)

About the original memory:

KN.4GB07.015SODIMM.4GB.DDR3L-1600.KINGSTON
    KN.4GB0G.022SODIMM.4GB.DDR3L-1600.HYNIX
    France
  • fromsurat
    Options

Thank you, Laurent_14.

The BIOS screenshot that I posted here isn't visible (maybe the site admin has blocked it).

But it says:

"TOSHIBA HK5059GSXP"

"320PC4EHT"

Are these correct ? If not, I may escalate the issue with the supplier.

• fromsurat
    Options

What are those numbers KH.50004.011, KN.4GB07.015, KN.4GB0G.022 ??

Internet search reveals that TOSHIBA MK5059GSXP is a genuine Toshiba model subscribing to the specifications defined by you.

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-mk5059gsxp-hard-drive-500-gb-internal-2-5-sata-300-5400-rpm-buffer-8-mb-series/specs/

So, I guess it must be the original part, right ?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

What are those numbers KH.50004.011, KN.4GB07.015, KN.4GB0G.022 ?

These are the Acer part numbers (original parts).

KH.50004.011: TOSHIBA AQUARIUS-B MQ01ABF050 (SATA 3 6Gb/s).

Your actual HDD is in SATA 2. Hmmm! It is odd.

You can check the P/N of memory sticks like this:

You'll find a label sticked on these ones. Under the barcode, there is a characters string. The first ten characters are the P/N.

France
  • fromsurat
    Options

Thanks a lot, Laurent_14.  It is a big help.  Seems like I received a bum piece (the perils of mail order system !!).

Anyway, I haven't opened the laptop myself (saw the HDD model in the BIOS).  It is with the local Acer service centre (who informed me that some parts didn't belong to the PC).  I can't check the P/N of the RAM because I won't open it.

But can you tell me which exact model of the RAM is suposed to be there ?  I will ask the service centre about which model is installed in the system and compare.  Maybe I can sue the vendor (from whom I purchased it).

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

About the memory:

KN.4GB07.015KINGSTON: ACR16D3LS1KFG/4G
    KN.4GB0G.022HYNIX: HMT451S6AFR8A-PBN0

Especially don't disassemble the laptop. Do you have a warranty from the vendor?

France
  • fromsurat
    Options

Yes, I have the warranty.  The service centre said that they were puzzled how the parts from one laptop ended up in a new one.  They are seeking guidance from the higher ups.  I have been given a case no.

I only hope that the service centre do the necessary replacements and give me a working laptop Smiley Happy.. Don't want to go through much hassle.

Thanks a lot Laurent_14. 

I would like to keep this thread open till a solution is arrived at.

• laurent_14
    Options

No problem. Fingers crossed!Smiley Wink

France
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

If you have always the laptop, you could see the memory brand and the part number with HWINFO for DOS.

I forgot last time.

France
  • fromsurat
    Options

Yes, I have the laptop back.  Acer refused me warranty on the HDD.  So, now it's back to fighting with the vendor Smiley Happy.  Let's see what happens.  Otherwise I may have to buy a hard disk from the local market and install it.

HWINFO.. heard that name after a long long time Smiley Happy.  Good of you to remind me, laurent_14, one has almost forgotten DOS.

Will do once I have the laptop up and running.

Meanwhile I will also try to find out how does the HDD from one laptop is found inside another laptop.  Could've have only happened in Acer's chain.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You can run HWINFO for DOS with a bootable USB Flash drive. Format it in MS-DOS with Rufus (IronFly's info) and copy/paste HWINFO.EXE. You'll also find HWINFO.DOC (procedure).

France
  • fromsurat
    Options

Thanks.  Will try Rufus over the weekend.  Meanwhile the talks are on with the vendor and the lawyer (just in case Smiley Happy )