E1-510-2602, intel celeron, trying to disable popup charm bar and clock

Options
geodevos
geodevos Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I'm trying to disable charms bar and clock from popping up into everything I try to read and type. Already tried the  obvious of disabling corners etc in ELANTECH touch pad options.  Already wasted time on everyone's "guesses".  Already using  classic shell.  Does anyone have a fix they actually verified?

Has anyone tried replacing the touch pad driver? What driver, where to get it and how do I go about it?

Thanks for any help I can get with this, the most anoying windows problem EVER.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Drivers

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  Notebook/Aspire/E1-510/Drivers.

Have you tried this?

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > (under Device and Printers) click Mouse > (Under Mouse properties) click Device Settings Tab > click the Settings button > un-tick the 'Enable Edge Swipe' option > click Apply.

• geodevos
    Options

Thanks but already tried that. The ***** charm bar and clock  keeps popping up anyway. 

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The solution is typically to uninstall all company drivers and only use the Microsoft default driver. No gestures, no charm bar by touching the mouse pad on the wrong corner, no lags during mouse move. I've done it by myself, so it should work for you too.

• geodevos
    Options

Sounds right, but I would think the microsoft default driver is what came installed. How do I locate the driver I want?

Thanks

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

As I wrote, you will have to unistall the vendor driver. Windows will automatically replace it with a basic default driver.