Dual Band WIFI card upgrade available for Aspire E1-510-2500?

Options
ROSCOTT13
ROSCOTT13 Member Posts: 6 New User

Is there a Dual Band WIFI card upgrade available for Aspire E1-510-2500? Thank you advance.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are no "Acer" Wifi card upgrades.There is no lists of Wifi cards that would be compatable with your model. A USB Wifi module is much easier.

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Do you have the Atheros AR956x?

• ROSCOTT13
    Options

Yes I do

• ROSCOTT13
    Options

with Bluetooth > Qualcomm Atheros - BT Software Suite Version 8.0.1.314 and Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter Driver version: 10.0.0.276

• philetus
    Options

That is a dual band card.Are you having the problems described in this post?

http://adamralph.com/2014/01/24/continuously-losing-internet-connectivity-in-windows-8-1/

Also, try disabling Bluetooth and see if that helps.

• ROSCOTT13
    Options

I should have further clarified that I am looking to see if there is a upgrade wifi card that can use the 5g band since my current one does not utilize nor detect the 5g band. I hope that helps. Thank you for the assistance.

• philetus
    Options

Try setting the router to use the 5GHz band.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-use-the-5-ghz-band-on-your-router

• copenman
    copenman Member Posts: 19 New User
    Options

The AR956x can not work in the 5.0ghz range, as it's only a single band wireless adapter only capable of working in the 2.4ghz band. No modifications to the router will allow it to connect to the 5.0ghz band. Which I believe is why he's asking if an upgrade is available.

• ROSCOTT13
    Options

Thats correct looking to see it there was a acer wifi card upgrade to allow to operate on 5ghz band and thank you for posting the clarity to my request!!

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are no "Acer" Wifi card upgrades.There is no lists of Wifi cards that would be compatable with your model. A USB Wifi module is much easier.

• ROSCOTT13
    Options

Already assummed as much and begun shopping for a USB Wifi adapter.

• copenman
    copenman Member Posts: 19 New User
    Options
    You'll need to get a usb 3.0 adapter as the bus on a usb 2.0 will also cause you problems with connecting the the 5ghz band.