Driver support for Windows 10

brummyfan3
brummyfan3 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi,

There's no Win10 Drver support available for my model (E1-571) while E1-570 and E1-572 are supported, could someone explain me the reasons please. Thanks.

Answers

• alex417
    alex417 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also own a E1-571 and would like to know this thanks

• lennartlennart
    lennartlennart Member Posts: 2 New User

After been forced to update to Win10 the network connection is unstable.

My laptop works online for some minutes and then need restart of the network adapter.

[inappropriate content removed]

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

It probably means that the E1-571 was never available with a factory-certified Win10 version pre-installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Also, AFAIK, no one is 'forced' to upgrade to Win10. In most but not all cases, machines can returned to the factory-original Windows versions if so desired. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• lennartlennart
    lennartlennart Member Posts: 2 New User

I got numereous messages from MS to upgrade to WIN10 without giving any varning that my new laptop (at that time) may not support WIN10.

Shame to MS and ACER not to fix this network problem for their customers and users and blame each other for the problem or bug.

I wonder why they don´t together fix this (most probably a) LAN-driver bug which tends to make my laptop unusable!

• JackE

Lennart---You seem to have two choices. (1) Determine thru Device Manager which Broadcom, Atheros or Intel model# Wifi card that's now installed on your machine, then we can try to find a suitable updated Win10 compatible driver for the mfr's model number or (2) We can try to return your machine to a factory-fresh Win8.1 state. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ