Driver Compatibility issue and no new driver release for Acer E-572G

Options
akhin143
akhin143 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi Guys,

I have brand new Aspire E1-572G with intel HD+AMD R7 M265. Graphics perfomance is decent as the R7 is there. My problem is, if I updated the AMD driver, from the default driver with which the laptop came, I am having compatibility issues with the Intel HD. After updation even the shutdown option is not working properly. If I tries to shutdown, regardless of the method(Alt+F4 or powerbutton or Shutdown from the slide menu at the right side ), it will go to something like a sleep mode, the diplay will turn off but the system will be working. Waited for half an hour but no change. I have to long press the power button and swith it off then. I managed this with a tweek I tried, but that is not the proper solution.

Then I rolled back my AMD driver to the factory default and now there is no issues. I tried to update the Intel HD driver using intel's update utility, but it says its a modified driver which is installed so you have to get the new one from the manufacturer otherwise thaere may be compatitbility issues. When I checked the acer website the drivers are still dated 2013, and the year 2014 is going to finish... Why they are not providing the proper support for these products which are really well perfoming and decent in all aspects??? Release a new Intel HD driver which is perfectly compatible with all new AMD drivers or modify and Release the AMD ones as compatible with the old Intel Drivers. 

Is there anything that can be done immediately to solve this issue? Anyone else facing the same issue? What acer have to say over this????

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can only try to uninstall the Intel Acer drivers and install Intel official then try to update AMD drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • akhin143
    akhin143 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    If I try that it won't create any compatibility issues with the AMD drivers???
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i can't tell you since i don't own your laptop, but it's worth a try.

in the worst case, you can revert to the Acer drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.