Downgrade to Windows 7

Options
ed209
ed209 Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I have a v3-111p and it was coming with Win8.1 , i want to downgrade to Windows 7, but I have check it does not have any SLIC information.

so how can i change it to win7?

Answers

• ed209
    Options

Thank for the reply.

did I need to buy a Windows 7 license? or can I install using Acer OEM Windows 7 disc?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

You should be able to install Win7 from the Acer OEM disk.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ed209
    Options

Where can I find the OEM Acer Win7 disk?

since I can't find any SLIC information in this model (V3-111p), is it possbile to activated the Windows?

• JackE
    Options

Tune to http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

You should be able to find the serial no or SNID on the bottom of the laptop.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ed209
    Options

I enter the s/n but ''No RCD available for the entered Serial Number.''

• JackE
    Options

Go to the command prompt. Then enter "wmic bios get serialnumber" without the quotes. Try that number if it is different.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ed209
    Options

may I ask this website (http://store.acer.com) have the disk to download or need to purchase?

• ed209
    Options

my notebook is bought in HK, can I enter the serial number in this website?

• JackE
    Options

You can try. But I think, since your machine came with factory-installed Win8, that your best chance of loading Win7 is by downloading the official Microsoft generic Win7 iso image from Digital River which you can then either burn into an installation DVD or load on a installation USB drive using Microsoft's free DVD USB tool. Do a google search for the Digital River iso image and the Microsoft DVD USB tool. 

To use the generic Win7 you will have to register it with Microsoft once it is loaded. I'm not sure if there will be a registration fee since your original machine was loaded with Win8. Probably not.

Your other option may be to stay with Win8 and download a utility that will emulate Win7, such as Classic Shell. Again, do a google search for these utilities.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ