Dissemble Aspire One 1430Z to cleanup?

x2h
x2h Member Posts: 12 New User

Hi all,

I recently resurrected my 6-yr old Aspire one 1430Z by adding memory from 3 GB to 8 GB, and replacing the HDD with a 128 GB SSD. I also upgraded it from Win 7 to Win 10. It  becomes very usable since my purpose is mostly internet browsing and email checking etc. Plus some light office work. I love its small size and the postability, plus the batttery is replacable. My only complaint is it overheats a lot. The fans is constantly running with loud noise and very hot air coming out of the vent. Since it's an old laptop, I figured it might need a cleaning inside especially around the fans, and may need a new thermal paste on the CPU. However, I can't seem to easily open it up to do these. After removing all the screws, it is still hard to lift the cover. I don't wantg to break anything. Therefore I am wondering if there's an instruction for how to open it up. Thanks for your help!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

I suggest simply vacuuming the air intake port and blowing air into the exhaust port to loosen and remove any dust bunnies that may be causing overheating.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• x2h
    x2h Member Posts: 12 New User

Thanks. I did that too and it doesn't seem to improve anything. Thanks for responding to my request.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

Check task manager to see if there are any processes that seem to be taking up a lot of cpu background time when you have few user processes running. Report back

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ