Detected Monitor as a Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Options
Jimmy_Glass
Jimmy_Glass Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

I am using a Acer Aspire V5-122P and while I was watching a stream on Twitch, my laptop started to freeze up. I restarted the laptop and noticed that nothing was projected onto my TV (my laptop was connected to the tv via HDMI), so I checked my Screen resoultion page and saw that my laptop was detected as a Generic non-PnP monitor. I checked to see if there were any possible viruses and nothing was detected. I am unsure as what to do at this point, and I would like to request help. I would like a quick response. Thank you.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try unplugging the HDMI and reboot. Then reconnect the TV.

• Jimmy_Glass
    Options

That did not seem to work.

The thing i am worried about is the Generic non-PnP Monitor... It switched from my laptop to Generic Non-PnP and I do not know how to fix it.

I forogot to mention the laptop is Windows 8 and has not been updated to version 8.1 yet.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Shut down and remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds and then let it sit for 20 minutes. Power it back up and see. If that didn't fix it, uninstall and reinstall the graphics software and driver.

• Jimmy_Glass
    Options

My Laptop does not have a removable battery. As for the graphic  driver, I will try that and keep you posted on what happens.