DVD driver Aspire 7752 didn't migrate with W10A. Replaced by non-functional MS driver from 2006...

Options
drfredc
drfredc Member Posts: 1 New User

After the W10 anniversary update, the Matshitadvd-RAM UJ890AS driver didn't 'migrate' and was replaced by a non-functional MS dvd driver dated 2006.  I've tried uninstalling, disabling, searching for updates via Windows -- nothing works.  

I uninstalled it, then rebooted -- W10 got stuck in an endless loop about some update process -- probably looking for a driver for the uninstalled DVD driver.  After an hour or so I force stopped it and rebooted, and the crummy MS DVD driver from 2006 reappeared...  

Tried ACER support for my Aspire 7552G to see if there's a DVD driver -- no DVD driver is listed.  

The Manage/Device manager shows Matshitadvd-RAM UJ890AS as a functioning disk drive.  It spins when you put something in it, but it doesn't recognize or do anything other that spin, then stop...   The DVD disk drive doesn't show up File Explorer as being present.  

Can't seem to find a W10 driver for the Matshitadvd-RAM UJ890AS.  Found W8-64 and W7-64 versions.  But W10 won't let you install it -- W10 thinks it's crappy 2006 driver is working just fine...  And then you uninstall that, and you're back at the BS endless bootup updating, where it's looking for a DVD driver that it never finds, so it defaults to the crummy MS one that doesn't work...   

[edited to override word filter]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Found W8-64 and W7-64 versions.  But W10 won't let you install it -- W10 thinks it's crappy 2006 driver is working just fine>>>

What specific messages did Win10 give when trying to install Win8 & Win7 drivers with the WinXP driver installed?

Also, what happens if the WinXP driver is uninstalled. Then exit device mgr? Does it ask to reboot to take affect?  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ