Configuring boot SSD on fresh windows Install on Aspire S3-951

Options
chrisprabhu
chrisprabhu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on an Aspire s3-951. The computer has two drives, a 20GB SSD for booting and then a larger storage drive. Before I removed Windows 7, Windows only displayed one large drive. I installed Windows 8.1 on the SSD but I can't figure out how to make Window think that they are a single drive.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

the 20GB SSD wasn't for the OS, but just as cache for quick wakeup from hibernation and on windows 7 it was simply hidden from system.

in my opinion, creating a single drive is not worth since involves RAID configuration and you probably can't feel speed improvements.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

the 20GB SSD wasn't for the OS, but just as cache for quick wakeup from hibernation and on windows 7 it was simply hidden from system.

in my opinion, creating a single drive is not worth since involves RAID configuration and you probably can't feel speed improvements.

• chrisprabhu
    chrisprabhu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ah this explains my confusion and inability to find documentation on this subject! Thanks!

Now one more thing it seems the Intel Rapid Start Technology drivers for this computer are not updated for Windows 8.1? Are there any work arounds?

• IronFly
    Options
    Download it from the Intel website.