Completely Dead - but Like-New - Aspire Z09

Options
MidnightRider
MidnightRider Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire M5 Ultrabook Z09 that was made on March 29, 2013.  I bought it on July 17, 2013.  Not sure what the warranty was on it, but evidently it's over and I'm not a happy camper. 

Problem:  I was watching Netflix on my laptop at 9pm.  It was plugged into a power strip and everything was fine.  This thing is still like brand new.  Still has the stickers and everything.  At 8am the next morning, it was dead.  Completely dead, as in - battery dead.  There's just no other way to put it.  It was still plugged in and all other devices that I tested on that power strip work fine.  I also tried plugging it directly into the wall, but no go.  So I bought a new power cord, but still ... no response.  There were no error messages, funny sounds, white screens or anything else.  It was working perfectly fine and then it was just flat out dead.     :-(

Help???

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If it does nothing, no power light, no fan starting, The voltage Regulator IC on the M/B went bad.

• MidnightRider
    MidnightRider Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I fixed it! There's a tiny battery reset button underneath. Doesn't tell me what caused it, but it's going again! :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

That was a lot cheaper option.