Compatible hard drives for acer aspire 5749?

KC1
KC1 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi could anyone tell me what hard drives are compatible with a acer aspire 5749 please?

Best Answer

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

There are 20 OEM HDDs specified for your model.
    They are all 2.5" SATA 5400RPM so I suspect you could use any with that specification.
    In addition, you could use same spec but 7200RPM for better performance but this would reduce your battery run time.

Alternatively, an SSD is perfectly acceptable as philetus suggested. (More expensive but great speed!)

Be careful of the USB FFC cable that runs across the HDD - it will need to be removed/replaced and is easily damaged.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You can use any 2.5 Sata HDD or SSD.

• Alan-London
    Answer ✓

There are 20 OEM HDDs specified for your model.
    They are all 2.5" SATA 5400RPM so I suspect you could use any with that specification.
    In addition, you could use same spec but 7200RPM for better performance but this would reduce your battery run time.

Alternatively, an SSD is perfectly acceptable as philetus suggested. (More expensive but great speed!)

Be careful of the USB FFC cable that runs across the HDD - it will need to be removed/replaced and is easily damaged.

• KC1

Ok, thanks very much for your help Alan Smiley Happy

• KC1

Thanks for your help Philetus Smiley Happy

• KC1

So will i also need to buy a new USB FFC cable Alan?

• Alan-London

No, not at all. (Well, not unless you  break it!)

Just take care when you remove it and all should be well. Just bear in mind that they can break if handled roughly.

• KC1

Ok will do, thank you very much for your help Smiley Happy