Charger plugged in but not charging

fawwaz
fawwaz Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi..My acer aspire E17 stopped charging. It says charger plugged in but no charging. Please help. It got internal battery, battery cannot be remove! Help...!!!! Smiley Sad

Answers

• Hi,

Get to Device Manager, Uninstall Battery driver & restart the unit, That should help,.
  • Carine5910
    Carine5910 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have the same problem on my Aspire E17, 4 monds old.

Battery 0% - charger plugged in - battery not charging

Already inunstalled battery drivers but no change!

sometimes battery charges for a few seconds and then stops charging,

Anything else i can try please??

• hindian
    hindian Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

There are a few possibilities, and all Acer will tell you is that it's hardware and to pay out the @ss for repairs.

The charger may be the incorrect voltage [did you buy this laptop new, using the original charger?]

The battery may be dead/dying [depending on age or if you don't follow the proper battery usage guidlines]

You have damaged pins/solder points from tripping over the cord or being too aggressive with the charger port.

Typical, the best way to test this is to remove the battery and try to power the laptop on, however it sounds like that's no an option, so what the most likely thing is that your DC jack is off the mainboard.

If this is the case, only thing to do is find a reasonable bloke to take a look at it and let you know straight up if he has to resolder it or replace it.

I know a guy in the vegas area that will fully optimize a laptop, upgrade the OS, and resolder for 60$ flat.  That's a great deal considering highway robbers like geeksquad and sleazy independent shops charge anywhere from 100-200...and that's if they do flat rate and not hourly.

I myself have this issue with my 5750g, however I'm able to sustain a charge so long as I keep my laptop in maximum battery saver mode.  When I play video games, it stops charging and my power button/charge light flicker on and off.  I have to close out of my game, unplug/replug the charger.

And if I don't keep the charge at 100% before using the laptop...well, forget it.

Can you charge the laptop while it's off?  If the orange charge light comes on, that's a good sign...if you don't get that, carefully to positioning the cord into the DC jack.  Don't slam it in there and thrust it around, just gently wiggle it or push it in to see if it will sustain a charge.  If you get a light, one of the pins is probably damaged which shouldn't be difficult to repair.  If not, you may need a new DC jack altogether, and unless you get the part online yourself, someones gonna wanna charge you up the ying-yang for it.

Good luck, friend, and I hope anything I've written here helps your issue.

• nickfan819
    nickfan819 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Hi! I have the same problem too. My acer aspire switch 10 today stopped from charging. Please help me since I need my laptop so badly.