Change interface from Russian to English

Options
karanjatt
karanjatt Member Posts: 3 New User

H! i bought acer switch 10 windows 8.1 single language with bing.. annd the interface is in russian ... how can i change it to english ?? pls help 

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Best Answer

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, he can't change the language with this method. It's not allowed because he is using a special edition of Windows. This version can only used with one language. If he want more languages, he will have to upgrade to the professional Windows version.

Answers

• keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Options

Change to English through the: Control Panel (панель) -->Region (региона) > Keyboards and Language (клавиатуры и языка).

• silizium
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, he can't change the language with this method. It's not allowed because he is using a special edition of Windows. This version can only used with one language. If he want more languages, he will have to upgrade to the professional Windows version.

• karanjatt
    karanjatt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thnkx .. Keith but did not work.. .. Silizium thanks..but can any one you tell me how to upgrade
  • silizium
    Options

Yes, you can right click on the start menu Windows icon in the lower left taskbar to show up the "System" Windows dialog where you can see your current version information. Somewhere is a button to upgrade or to change the product key. To be honest, direct upgrading Windows wih an order at Microsoft online store is the most expensive way. I would recommend to buy a upgrade license at Ebay, Amazon or some other sources. Maybe it's the best to buy a full version of Windows 8 Professional and not an upgrade.

• carlocrighton
    carlocrighton Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have just posted a somewhat similar problem and would welcome if someone could confirm if this is also the solution I require.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets/How-do-I-fully-change-system-language-to-English-on-an-Acer/m-p/347792#M14624