Cannot upgrade to Win 10 from an Aspire 4551

Options
lorenzosjb
lorenzosjb Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi there, thanks for reading.

I want to upgrade a Aspire 4551 to Windows 10 but I can't. I tried everything. Please help. Thanks.

This is what I have done:

1. I reinstalled all the system (Win7) from scratch from the Acer restore cds and patched the system completely.

2. I downloaded the w10 iso and burned it to a USB.

3. When I started the installation it always says to enter the serial number for Windows 10.

I have an Aspire AS8943G, and using the same procedure it installed W10 all the way without any problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Check if your windows 7 is authorized/activated, if so, did you choose upgrade or windows 10 clean install?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • maxray
    maxray Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

Check if your windows 7 is activated.

Ensure your win 10 ISO is the exact counter version of your Win 7 ( win10 home = win 7 home/win 10 single language=win 7 single language etc) with correct architecture (32 or 64 bits). Most OEMs are shipped with single language version.

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT boot from your USB ISO. Run the setup.exe from your running and activated win 7 just to retain the upgrade information.

If it askes for key during installation press "SKIP" or "do this later"

Once you are done with the upgrade check your activation status.

• ljimenez073
    ljimenez073 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I wanted to mark the solution, but this forum software doesn't let me login in and the "email" never arrived to my account. And no, it's not in the spam.