Can't upgrade to Windows 8.1 after refreshing Aspire led to downgrade. Product key is missing?

Options
pnc0012
pnc0012 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I was having some trouble with the games app on my Acer Aspire v5-571p-6604 laptop.  I upgraded everything and restarted the computer mutliple times to no avail.  A message suggested if the problem kept occurring, to refresh the PC.  I saved the few documents and pictures I had to a flash drive (I really didn't have much on there which is why I thought the nuclear option was feasible).

Anyway, the computer downgraded to Windows 8, I cannot seem to upgrade back to 8.1 at all. I have searched for a solution in support.  All of the upgrading assistance appears to only help going from 7 to 8.  I also can't seem to find the correct drivers and the display has terrible resolution.  The Acer recovery management tool does have drivers, but the display ones didn't seem to adequatly "recover" to previous settings.  I think I might be missing something obvious so a point in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

Answers